Addiction Recovery Quotes: How Quotes Can Strengthen You?
Having addiction problems is never easy. Whether you have a drinking addiction, smoking addiction, sex addiction, or drugs addiction, such a problem will get you nowhere. Everyone knows that addiction can cause a huge impact on your life. You won’t be thinking clearly as your mind will be filled with the desire and need to scratch your itch. Your daily activities would be neglected and become a huge pile of mess. Despite the realization that addiction can only bring you negative impact, you keep on doing it because it gives you a peace of mind and relaxed feeling.
Must read Top 50 happy birthday friend quotes
Table of Contents
The Problems with Addictions
Quoted from Healthyplace.com, “People aren’t addicted to the drugs or alcohol; they are addicted to escaping reality”. From this quote alone, you can see that addiction provides a soothing effect – although not real and temporarily. They like the fact that clinging to something is able to give them a short escape from the bitter reality and harsh world. The reason why they keep doing it is that they like the sensation where they can be free from pain, worry, and other negative feelings about the world.
These quotes from healthyplace.com justify it. “It is not the drugs that make a drug addict. It is the need to escape reality” and “We don’t choose to be addicted; what we choose to do is to deny our pain.” but you also need to remember that addiction is not your way out. Sure, it may feel great to be able to escape reality and only enjoy the fun and the happiness but you also need to realize that the world isn’t all about rainbows and unicorns. There is no such thing as eternal happiness and forever joy. The world may not be the happy place that you want but it doesn’t mean that it is a completely dark spot that will suck you in.
As this quote from healthyplace.com states “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it” which is absolutely true and real. There is no drugs, smoke, or alcohol in this world that will be able to take your pain away. You need to deal with your issue and be prepared for whatever outcome you are going to face. Sure, your life may be a chaos right now but it doesn’t mean that you should stay that way. Another quote from healthyplace.com says “Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there”. You need to get back on your feet and move forward. “You don’t have to be ready to recover; you only need to be willing”
The Addiction Recovery Quotes
You are probably wondering what the deal with these addiction recovery quotes is and how they are going to help you manage your addiction issue. First of all, you need to understand that there are a lot of quotes out there. There are the general motivational quotes as well as special quotes for special conditions. There are some quotes for the depressed and the ones suffering from anxiety. There are quotes related to weight. There are quotes related to the academic world and education. And there are quotes for the addiction.
Second, the quotes may look simple and hold unimportant benefit but you will be surprised to find out that such a seemingly unimportant thing can bring a lot of effects to your emotional growth and mental support. Quotes somehow give motivating support and thoughts that are condensed into a few meaning words. They are inspiring. They are strengthening. They are wise. They enlighten your path and give you a better understanding of your own condition and of the world. They are able to provide hope, inner strength, and faith. They motivate you as well as awakening your ambition.
Let’s face it, dealing with addiction is difficult and it is not an exactly a smooth progress that you can deal with. But when you read the quotes that are related to your condition and your situation, you know that you aren’t alone. There are other people out there facing the same problems as you and all of you are struggling together. The idea that there are other people sharing the same problem, pain, and difficulty will create a stronger motivation where you can go through. As healthyplace.com quotes “It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication, willpower, and sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be a temptation. But I promise it’s worth it”. The same thing is also said by Jamie Lee Curtis “Recovery is an acceptance that your life is in shambles and you have to change it.” Where can you start if not from yourself?
You need to remember that addiction isn’t your problem only; it affects everyone around you. “Addiction doesn’t kill the addict. It kills the family, kids, and people who tried to help! “- Anonymous not to mention that there is this correct quote from healthyplace.com that sums it up “Addiction is a family disease. One person may use, but the whole family suffers” If you feel that you can’t start your recovery from yourself, at least try to do it for the others; everyone that cares for you.
Here are some quotes that can strengthen your will and path while overcoming your addiction problem:
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
- “If things go wrong, don’t go with them.” – Roger Babson
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” – Charlotte Brontë
- “Sometimes you can only find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell.” – Carrie Fisher
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says, ‘I’m possible!’” – Audrey Hepburn