The chest muscles, or pectorals, are an important muscle group. They help us move our arms and shoulders, protect our sternum and ribs, and give us the strength to push and pull objects. They also look great when they’re tight and toned.
If you’re wondering how to build chest muscles fast, here’s the secret: you need to do a variety of exercises that target all the pectoral muscles, and you need to warm up before exercise and also relax in between workouts.
Here are some helpful tips to teach you how to build chest muscles fast.
Table of Contents
Tip 1: Choose the Best Chest Exercises
This extremely versatile exercise is great for building strength and mass. You can do push-ups at home, at the gym, or anywhere – there’s no need for equipment because your body serves as the weight.
- Lie stomach-down on the floor in plank position, palms on the ground, elbows bent, feet resting on your toes.
- Keeping your back straight and core firm, push yourself up with your hands.
- Dip back down until your chest almost touches the ground, keeping your body straight the whole time.
- Repeat this process for 5 sets of 5 reps.
- As the push-ups get easier, try more challenging varieties like one-arm push-ups, clap push-ups, or close-hand push-ups.
When you’re learning how to build chest muscles fast, you definitely want this exercise in your routine. It is similar to tricep dips and can be done on parallel bars or any stable, parallel surfaces that you can push yourself up from.
- Place one hand on each bar (or surface) and push yourself up as far as you can.
- Angle your body slightly forward.
- Keep a firm grip while you lower your body, resting all of your weight on your hands and arms. You will start feeling the tension in your chest muscles. If you do not, angle your body slightly more.
- Start pushing yourself back up to starting position.
- Repeat this for 5 sets of 5 reps.
Barbell Bench Press
This is a super-effective exercise for anyone wondering how to build chest muscles fast. It is a strengthener and size-builder and can be done with a barbell or dumbbells.
- Lie on your back on the weight bench with the barbell on the rack.
- Take the barbell off of the rack and bring it to parallel to your chest, hands aligned with the insides of your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows and bring the barbell down until it barely touches your chest.
- Extend your arms and push the barbell back up to the starting position. Don’t fully extend your arms, but straighten them about 95% of the way.
- Repeat this for 5 sets of 5 reps.
Tip 2: Add Protein to Your Diet
No muscle-building routine would be complete without extra protein. Try to eat 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight every day. Canned tuna packed in water is an excellent and affordable protein source. Whey protein shakes are more expensive, but they pack a lot of protein into a small serving size.
Try to eat 6 protein-heavy meals every day. Keep an eye on your fat and carb intake and eat lean meats, seafood, tofu, beans, nuts, egg whites, and protein powder.
Tip 3: Don’t Overtrain
If you work your chest every day, you won’t get the best results – and you could even delay your progress. Instead, work your chest one day and then rest it for 24 hours before your next chest workout.
Our bodies build strength and mass during the recovery phase. Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night, and listen to your body. Aches and pains are a normal part of the exercise, but severe pain is a sign that something’s wrong.
Now that you’ve learned some tips for how to build chest muscles fast, it’s time to put the knowledge to work. Go shopping for the right foods and choose a location to exercise. Once that’s done, you’ll be ready to start building bigger pecs.
Alex Jones is a writer and blogger who expresses ideas and thoughts through writings. He loves to get engaged with the readers who are seeking for informative content on various niches over the internet. He is a featured blogger at various high authority blogs and magazines in which He is sharing research-based content with the vast online community.