Your friend has just bought a new car and he is flaunting his prized possession, the car audio system, which plays music with much clarity. You begin to feel that you too need a good stereo system for your car. So you rush to the car accessories store and buy yourself a car stereo system. But wait! You don’t know how to install a car stereo system. And in your hurry, you have forgotten to ask the storekeeper to send a technician to fix the stereo to the car. So now what are you supposed to do with the car stereo in hand, sans its functionality? Well, read further to know how to install a car stereo system, without shelling out money for the installation cost of the car audio system. Along with the car stereo kit, you can also get a car audio installation guide, which can direct you on the installation process.
Installing a Car Stereo – Learn How to Install a Car Stereo System
- Won’t it be a terrific idea to listen to music while going on a long drive? Well then let’s just get down to the task of how to install a car stereo system in your car. Just follow these simple car stereo installation instructions and you will soon have a fully functioning car stereo at your disposal.
- Go to any car accessory store and purchase a car stereo that fits in the car stereo slot in your vehicle. Also, purchase the radio mounting kit and required wiring harness for the stereo. Make sure the wiring harness and mounting kit suit your car model.
- If you have an existing car stereo system, then you need to remove it to replace it with the new one. Or else remove the dashboard slot with the help of a screwdriver. Remember to disconnect the negative cable from the car battery before installing the car stereo system.
- Once the ground cable has been disconnected, unscrew the dashboard panel. If you have the old system, disconnect all the wires, and remove the unit carefully from the panel.
- Mount the wiring harness and connect all the wires of the car stereo carefully based on their polarities, like positive wires to the positive connector. Connect the speakers to the wires in the slot matching the polarity. You may also refer to car speakers installation for more instructions.
- The next step is to install a car stereo amplifier, which improves the quality of sound. Follow the same process of car stereo installation and connect the wires of the amplifier to the stereo.
- The positive post from the battery should be connected to the main wire of the amplifier. Separate the signal cables and power wire to avoid entanglement of the car stereo wiring, which may cause interference in the audio output.
- The next step is to connect the turn-on lead wire of the amplifier which controls the on and off function of the car stereo. After this connect the speakers of the stereo to the amplifier through the speaker wire.
Once all the wires are connected, mount the stereo into the panel and fix all the bolts. Re-screw the dashboard panel back to the compartment.
Play music to see if the car stereo is working and if the output is clear. Your installation process is done. Get ready to enjoy music while driving.
This was a brief snapshot of how to install a car stereo system. You must also be aware of car stereo removal and car stereo troubleshooting, in case you need to upgrade your old stereo or repair it.