Having a garden is like having a therapeutic haven where you can stay in touch with nature. By looking at the trees and plants around, you can feel at ease and rejuvenated. While these greeneries offer such relaxing delights for your eyes, the responsibility of maintaining and taking care of them also falls in your hands.
Arborists are knowledgeable about different breeds of plants and trees’ anatomy. They recommend doing treatment processes to avoid various potential threats to trees. Check out the tree pruning and lopping tips from the professional arborists in Ballarat below.
Table of Contents
Tree Pruning Tips
The proper way of pruning trees in Ballarat is under the guidelines of the Australian Standard’s “Pruning of Amenity Trees.” It is a treatment process where you remove unnecessary branches for it to stay healthy and sustain a long life. Here are the tree pruning tips you have to remember.
- Broken branches should be removed because it only adds up to the tree’s overall weight. Branches growing inward and crossing branches should go too because it can cause the other healthy branches to break.
- Make sure to use the appropriate tools stated in the guidelines and follow the cutting and pruning methods. Using a blunt saw will just damage the tree. Moreover, do not prune your tree without a good reason.
- Safety is paramount in any house project or restoration you want to do. Ensure you use climbing spikes, safety gloves, and other proper equipment when handling tree pruning projects.
- Check if anything will be damaged once the tree’s branch falls. Keep it away from your garage, neighbor’s fence, power lines, or people that may be harmed during the process.
Tree Lopping Tips
This treatment process is a way of modifying the tree’s size by trimming. It includes careful cutting techniques to let the tree’s branches grow in a particular direction. Moreover, it encourages new growth for overall aesthetic appearance. Here are some tree lopping tips you have to remember.
- Make sure to carefully cut outside the branch bark ridge because you have to avoid damaging the tree’s branch collar. Also, do this technique when removing dead branches.
- Tree lopping back to the trunk is not recommended because it will make the tree weaker and prone to extensive decay or termite infestation.
- Do not remove too many leaves when lopping because it can limit the tree’s access to nutrients, thus making the tree weaker.
Every tree has specific nutrition requirements and proper maintenance. Moreover, if you fail to properly take care of them, they may grow in any direction. When this happens, it may interfere with other stuff on your property. Taking care of trees seems like intricate work. That is why many households hire a professional arborist in Ballarat.
Tree pruning and tree lopping are the most common treatment processes for trees. Suppose these two fails, households in Ballarat opt for tree removal. Calling upon a reputable arborist’s expertise is a convenient way of ensuring your trees’ health while taking into consideration the regulations that need to be followed.