When vaping made its way into the market, it created quite a buzz. There was a new hype surrounding e-cigarettes and many (some that were non-smokers) jumped on the bandwagon. Despite the fact that it has been years since vaping was introduced, it is still pretty new in the market. As such, there are also a lot of new information and myths surrounding it. If you are curious to give it a try, it is important to learn a few basic information to help you decide if it is indeed a healthier alternative to smoking.
Table of Contents
What is Vaping?
The idea of smoking is incompatible with the discussion of a healthy lifestyle. But if you find yourself with the urge to smoke, the use of smoking cessation strategy such as vaping is proving to be a good option. There is that psychological satisfaction that smokers(especially, chain smokers) find themselves longing for. This is where vaping comes in in order to provide an alternative to that oral fixation.
Vaping works by using a device that turns liquid into vapor. There are many different flavors of e-juices that are used into the device to create that vapor. Unlike smoking, you are not inhaling smoke but rather a substance with natural or artificial flavors. This is the first step to making this habit a healthier one as compared to regular smoking.
Top 5 Tips About Healthy Vaping
If you are looking to make your vaping experience a healthier one, you need to follow these tips from Blackout Vapors:
- Adjust the temperature when vaping. Vape mod devices often come with a feature that enables you to adjust the temperature to your preference. This is one of the best strategies you can use to achieve healthier vaping experience. You can lower the temperature to produce less smoke. When you set the vape mod device to a higher temperature, it can produce a more chemical reaction. This chemical reaction triggers the release of a toxin known as formaldehyde. You will know when this happens as the taste of the vape is weird.
- Choose an e-juice will less nicotine. While most vape juices are nicotine-free, there are some that do contain them. Some smokers use these juices to ease their way into vaping nicotine-free. Make sure you gradually lower the dose of your nicotine intake until you no longer feel the desire for nicotine.
- Avoid burning the coils. Just like lowering the temperature on your vape mod device, you need to avoid burning the coils, too. Never press fire on your device until there is an e-juice contained in it. Once you dry-burn the coil, it can increase the exposure of metal that could be risky to your health when in use.
- Avoid excessive puffing. A lot of vape users like to perform tricks by puffing smokes into a variety of shapes. When you do this, it means that you are inhaling more vapors into your system. This can cause you to absorb more e-liquid and chemicals in the long run.
- Avoid inhaling the vapor. Even when vaping is safer than regular smoking, there is still risk to your lungs when you inhale the vape. This is especially true for those who are using nicotine liquid. Make sure you exhale as much vapor as you can.
The Bottom Line
The vaping industry has gone a long way since it was first introduced into the market. One of the reasons why it has gotten so popular is the promise of offering the same satisfaction as smoking brings but without the health risks. If you want to make a switch to a healthier lifestyle, you must remember the five tips stated above to a healthier vaping experience. This is how you can ensure that you can enjoy the benefits that it promises to offer.